Titanium Getter Pump GGT-3, PGT Series
Titanium getter pumps (GGT-3 / PGT series) pass current directly through titanium alloy placed in a vacuum chamber in order to sublimate the titanium. The sublimated titanium creates a large active metallic surface on the surrounding walls for absorbing and removing chemically active gases (H2, N2, O2, H2O, CO, CO2).Since an active metallic surface made of titanium does not absorb inactive gases (He, Ne, Ar, CH4, C2H6, and other organic gases), these units are used in combination with such equipment as sputter ion pumps and turbo molecular pumps.
- An absorbing surface of sublimated Titanium will improve pumping speed and improve ultimate pressure.
- The titanium alloy filaments have a long lifespan. One filament lasts approximately 75 hours with continuous operation (30 seconds of current / 60 seconds at rest) and approximately 25 hours with continuous current.
- Because metal seals are used on the flanges, bake out temperatures of 250℃ can be achieved.
- A proprietary surface treatment of all structural surfaces has been performed for high vacuum conditions.
Special Features / Further Applications
- Vacuum Systems capable of high vacuum from atmospheric pressure.
- Vauum systems for various deposition system such as vapor deposition and sputtering, etc.
- Vacuum systems for many research and development projects.